Ridgid AF2000 air cleaner

Anyone have any experience with this machine? Also, does anyone know anyplace to buy these at a discount price. Home Depot in my town doesn't carry them. I can purchase one from Ridgid but they want full price of $149. POPULAR WOODWORKING (in their recent tool buying guide) said the street price on this filter is around $100. Where???

joe

RE: Ridgid AF2000 air cleaner

2 places which i have purchased alot of items from are ::: 7 corners hardware st.paul,mn. 1800 328 0457 and tool crib from north dakota 1800 635 5140..they have free shipping ..also remember if u aren't from those states u don't pay sales tax....they have unpublised sales and have great free catalogs

Did you ask HD if they could order it? I don't think Ridgid's available from anyone else... well, their woodworking products are only available from HD. Perhaps their plumbing products may be available elsewhere, I'm not sure.

FWIW, their parent company is Emerson Tool. Ridgid's a decent brand. They made Craftsman tools until '98 where from what I'm hearing Craftsman's stuff went south (now made by Ryobi I think).

Bubba

Kelly

Bruce,
    The Rigid air filter originally sold for 249.00 I recently purchased one for 149 after a significant search for the elusive $99.00 sale. I am 100 % satisfied. It is a breeze to install and is extremely quiet. When standing at the business end of it, the rush of air is impressive. I don,t think you will find a better deal. (it also has a lifetime guarantee)
    Kellymcc1@home.com
    Kelly

The two HDs near me have both dropped both the air cleaner and DC---so much for the $99 deal of the century. Rigid woodworking tools are the exclusive domain of HD---seems Rigid/Emerson likes that type of arrangement, since it was the same they had a Sears and to an extent, they have eliminated the competition at HD, since the non-Rigid selection of larger tools has certainly gone down.

I'm also in the market for an air cleaner, but I'll share one thought. If the filters are the type that need to be replaced (as opposed to cleaned or washed), I don't know if I'd be in too much of a hurry to buy a unit that was discontinued---let alone having their whole line be dropped. I'd either find a design that uses high quality, readily available furnace/ac filters or uses the washable types---at least stick with a company that isn't pulling out of this line. I'm giving real thought to the Penn State air cleaner kit.

I found this design for a home made air cleaning unit using standard filters...

http://www.geocities.com/drvermin/Ov...airfilter.html
    (hint: copy and paste into your address field and remove the "http://" for it to work... darn Geocities!!)

I found it at this site which has a ton of free plans
    http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/d...ks/Plans_Free/

I found it under "A" for Air Filter/Cleaner

Bubba

>The two HDs near me have both dropped both the air cleaner
    >and DC---so much for the $99 deal of the century. Rigid
    >woodworking tools are the exclusive domain of HD---seems
    >Rigid/Emerson likes that type of arrangement, since it was
    >the same they had a Sears and to an extent, they have
    >eliminated the competition at HD, since the non-Rigid
    >selection of larger tools has certainly gone down.
    >

Wouldn't be too surprised since HD doesn't really do a decent job promoting the Ridgid product line.

I do wish Ridgid would sell through other retailers (Lowes, etc.) They make some decent products and unlike Sears, HD could do a much better job selling them if they tried and having competition I imagine would motivate them to do so.

Bubba

Thanks for all you input! I found the Ridgid rep. at my local HD yesterday and asked him about this topic. He said the local HD's dropped these products due to shelf space limitations. I e-mailed Ridgid and they told me they had no plans to drop these products and I could purcase direct from them on-line from their Ridgid web site.
    I don't know which way I will go yet, but thanks to all for your input! Bruce