Craftsman 6 1/8" Jointer / Planer (113.206931)

Some one is selling a Craftsman 6 1/8" Jointer / Planer (113.206931) that is supposed to be new in box found clearning our an estate. Does any one know anything about this model? The information that I could find leads me to thinking it is a late 70's model. Is this a one of a kind find? or not worth the money? If it is worth looking at what is a fair price for it. The person trying to sell it is selling with a NIB Radial arm saw and the jointer for $500, but I don't want the ROS but that is the amount the guy is trying to recover from the tools. Any advice or help would be appriciated.

Thanks
    David

RE: Craftsman 6 1/8" Jointer / Planer (113.206931)

I don't know about the jointer but if the RAS is early seventies and a Craftsman, Emerson Electric will buy it from you for $100.

The prices that I've seen for the jointer are in the $150 range but they all needed cleaning up, etc.

The manual that I saw for the jointer was printed in September 1979.

The jointer is a bench top style with a leg or stand kit.

If the jointer is new and in the box WITHOUT RUST I think that $200 would be more than a fair price.

The RAS??? I still call them an evil machine.

RE: Craftsman 6 1/8" Jointer / Planer (113.206931)

I've seen a few of those jointers around in the 70's and 80's, but hardly ever see one any more. Does this mean that I just dont get around much anymore? Nooo, I think its that they have finally failed and not worth fixing up. The jointer is a benchtop model with a built in motor that isnt too peppy. I'd spend my money on a machine that you can put a new motor on when it does go bad after a few years.