Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Craftsman jointer

Does anyone out there have a Craftsman 6 1/8 jointer Model 113.206010?
    I need a copy of the owner's manual for this model and can't find one through Sears or on the internet. I've tried OWWM and many other sites and no luck. Sears parts direct doesn't have it in their database and I even called their customer service and the rep couldn't find it in her records either. I'm beginning to think I'm seeing a ghost machine sitting in the shop. I have picture of it that I can email to you if that would help.

RE: Craftsman jointer

I have one for a Model # 113.206932

I'm guessing yours is an old one? Weigh a ton?

Is there something in particular you're looking for?

I really don't want to turn loose of mine, but if there's something I can help you with, I sure will.

Dave, from Indiana

I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.

Post the correct item number & I can get it for you.
    The number you posted is not valid at partsdirect.com.

>I have one for a Model # 113.206932
    >
    >I'm guessing yours is an old one? Weigh a ton?
    >
    >Is there something in particular you're looking for?
    >
    >I really don't want to turn loose of mine, but if there's
    >something I can help you with, I sure will.

It is an old one for sure and yes, it's very heavy. The body of it is all cast iron. I'm not looking for anything in particular other than specs, adjustment procedure, lubrication, etc. As old as it is, I have doubts that Sears stocks parts for it any longer. But it still works fine. I'm afraid your model is much too much newer than mine to be of help. Thanks for offering though.

>Post the correct item number & I can get it for you.
    >The number you posted is not valid at partsdirect.com.

The model number is correct. I've looked at it a dozen times and still come up with the same number. I checked parts direct's web site and got the "model number not found message". I even called their customer service number and they couldn't find anything on it either. Unless someone in the past put a bunch of Sears labels on it trying to be funny, I'm sure it's a Craftsman. That's not likely though since the model number tag is riveted on and not with pop rivets. The only thing besides the model number I'm relatively sure of is that it was probably made by Emerson tools for Sears but no guess as to when. A couple of clues are that it has an internal motor mounted up underneath the outfeed table driving a very short belt and the power switch (with removable lock) mounted on the casting in the front below the infeed table. Most of the very early Craftsman jointers I've looked at (at least the ones made by Emerson) have the motor mounted below the machine on the stand and the switch isn't on the casting, usually also mounted on the stand.

See my reply below to triple freak. Yes mine looks "similar" to that, but the fence adjustments are on the back (both tilt and forward/back), not on the end of the outfeed table and the motor on mine is up underneath the outfeed table instead of on the stand.

Well, I gave it my best shot. Wow, I thought mine was old.

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Stick around, we're a friendly bunch.

I'm betting someone can find the manual you're looking for.
    Dave, from Indiana

I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.

Sorry. I didn't know it was that old. I found a manual for my table saw from 1986 on there though. Thought I could help.
    Oh well, can't win them all, huh?

>Sorry. I didn't know it was that old. I found a manual for
    >my table saw from 1986 on there though. Thought I could
    >help.
    >Oh well, can't win them all, huh?

Thanks for offering the help.. You're right-some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you.

I don't know what year mine is, but FWIW, the owner's manual was printed 7/85.

Does yours look anything like this?
    Dave, from Indiana