Lateral File Cabinet Plans

I am looking for plans to build a 2 drawer lateral file cabinet. Do you know where I can find them.

I primarily use legal file size folders and I wanted to build a nice 2 drawer lateral file cabinet and/or and file cabinet that would be able to deal with legal size documents without turning them side ways. I am looking for a source that has a good set of plans so that I am able to do this. I do not wish to take a standard size and re-do all the measurements to accommodate what I want. Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

RE: Lateral File Cabinet Plans

WOOD has one (I think) at:

http://woodstore.woodmall.com/computerdesk.html

and [link:www.scrollsaw.com/u705.htm|Here's Another]....

RE: Lateral File Cabinet Plans

If you're gonna make a 2 drawer lateral, make sure you use some type of mechanical interlock so's only 1 drawer can open at a time, or put a lot of weight in the base. You don't want loaded file drawers squishing your toes!

Most 2 drawer lateral file cabinet types are fashioned out of metal or perhaps wood too. This is purely a question of personal choice and preference and has a lot to do with the kind of decor that some people want. If you have an office where all of the furniture is made of wood, you may like material coordinated wooden file cabinets that would go so well with the kind of look and feel of your office.