Thread: Ticket Hopper

Ticket Hopper

I am not exactly what you would call a carpenter, so I'm not looking to do some big fancy thing. I am looking for some instructions on-line (because I have no time to go searching who only knows where for an instruction manual) for directions to build a ticket hopper. This would be the little cage that you put raffle tickets in and turn the handle to stir them. I don't want to build something huge, just where the cage is about 3 gallons. I need help! Thanks

RE: Ticket Hopper

First thing that came to my mind was a scaled down version of a barrel type composting bin...but I think finding a plan for one of those might be just as challenging as finding one for the ticket hopper!

Any who, another quick thought was using an empty 5-gallon water bottle.

Hope that sparks some other ideas to help you out.

Hz

Have fun, Create!

Welcome to the forum, kmmarc!!!

I can think of any number of approaches, though they would be pretty much dependent upon the tools you have. Knowing this would help...

Dano

kmmarc,

You wouldn't need any special tools, certainly nothing as special or rare as a Ramstein holzbrett spanner, at any rate.

Just one idea would be two wooden discs center drilled for a dowel to be used as an axel, sheathed in kerfed Luan glued and pin nailed to the disks, thus forming a cylinder. Cut an opening and save the scrap for the "lid" with butter fly hinges and hook, no handle required. Set your drum in two wooden "v" notched posts that are mounted to a base. Spin it by hand....

Again, knowing what tools that you do have will help with ideas to fit within the parameters you've established.

Dano

What kind of special tools might I need for something like this? I've still been searching around on-line and have seen some "raffle drums" that have a metal stand with a barrel that rides on the frame. I was thinking about building some sort of wood frame (like two triangles of wood and the barrel made from some kind of wire (like a "small-weave" chicken wire. What I am REALLY not sure of is how to make the "turner" (maybe from a dowel rod?). I'm looking to do something small for a table top...and I don't want to spend an arm and leg on it. I've attached a picture of one made from wire.