I just finished the biggest project I've ever started. Although I've been interested in building things all of my life, I've just recently been able to set up a workshop in my new garage. So, the first project was a router table. I purchased the New Yankee plans and also found a similar design from American Woodworking (probably the one that Norm modified for his design). From these two plans, I built my own version. The top is a commercial top. The fence is a combination of both designs. Since the top is smaller than both plans and I'm using casters, I had to reduce the overall dimensions of the piece. It is constructed with maple plywood for the carcass and birch for the drawer fronts. The dust collection works better than I had hoped.
I just got serious this year. I purchased some real tools and went for it. So, all of my projects are really the first of each one. I've just completed a couple of headboards and a nightstand. I'll be posting them soon.
BTW the link to the shot got messed up somehow. I've uploaded the image.. lets see how that works. If it doesn't the image can be seen at:
geocities.com/litebkt/routertable.jpg (put a www in front of that)