Pergo floor-how do I repair ?

After installing a Pergo floor in the bathroom I accidently dropped a scraping tool and the point chipped a small hole in the Pergo red oak.

Question - is there a way to repair this little hole without replacing the section ? My eye catches this chip every time I go into the bathroom. Do you think a drop of poly would do the trick ?

RE: Pergo floor-how do I repair ?

This from the Pergo web page:

What happens if the floor gets damaged after installation?
    A minor damage can easily be corrected with a Pergo repair putty. The repaired patch will blend almost invisibly and be just as durable as the rest of the floor. With a Pergo touch-up kit itīs possible for you to correct a scratch in your floor. Individual planks can be replaced if necessary. (Contact your retailer for more information)

-Ken

**edit**
    Sorry, didn't mean to just throw the Pergo site stuff at you and run, but my manager decided to come by and annoy me. I have used the patch material and it does work well. I hadn't notice a corner was chipped when I installed a board, so I used some to fill in a fairly large hole. The color matched very well, but I doubt I would say invisible. I don't know what would match better though and I don't think it would be easy to replace a single board on the type that's glued together.

I've used the repair putty and it does work pretty well. You will probably see the repair for a while since you already know about it. After a couple of weeks you will have a hard time finding it. Tell the pergo dealer which type of pergo you used and they can give you the exact color of putty to match.

Mat

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I always did wonder what that repair compound is though and if a similar product that wasn't called "PERGO WONDERBOND 3000" (with a price to match) could be found.

It's just pressure treated fibers with a plastic top after all.

Plastic wood putty and a dab of poly?

Rob.

Probably, but you are paying for the exact color match (which you wouldn't be able to do with regular wood putty).

Mat

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke

If you can match the BACKGROUND of the oak with the putty, you can fill in the grain lines with either colored pencil or colored inks. Then shellac that tiny area to seal in the new grain & top it with poly.

-- Tim --

Be well.
    Be happy.
    Live in love.

Good ideas.

Thanks for your help.

I knew I came to the right source for help.