craftsman align-a-rip fence adjustment

I have a craftsman align-a-rip 24/12 fence and it tilts about 3/64" from bottom to top away from the blade. Is there any way to tilt the fence back to 90 degrees? Besides buying a good fence system that is. That is not in the budget at the moment unfortunately. :(

RE: craftsman align-a-rip fence adjustment

I am assuming there are no adjustments for that.... so...

.... install an auxiliary fence and shim it when you install it so that is 90 to the table....

Tweaked the table and rail and got it closer but I was hoping someone knew of an adjustment on the fence to fix this. I tell ya, I am starting to get tired of the Craftsman table saw quality. Guess that is why they call it a contractors saw.

"I am starting to get tired of the Craftsman table saw quality"

Yup... know the feeling well ;)

Really... an auxiliary fence is easy, cheap, and will be simple to shim so that the fence is 90° to the table...

Good luck :)

How new is the saw? Has it always been out or did something happen to the saw that made the fence come out of alignment?

I have a late eighties-early nineties Craftsman TS and I have no problems with the quality, granted it does have a Beiss fence. The only thing I want to change is the extension wings from the webbed casting to solid cast wings.

I have two saws set up with the 24/24 fence/rail system, and don't have any misalignment problems. Are you absolutely sure your rails are parallel to the top?

If they are, then take the fence off the saw, turn it over, and notice the four nylon glides that ride on the rails. Is one side worn more than the other? You can order new ones from Sears parts, or remove the offending glides, and shim their mounting point with a layer of masking tape. Replace the glide, and check for alignment. Add as many layers of tape as necessary. This should fix your problem.

I would say the saw is about a year old. Craftsman has since changed to the Beiss fence. It has always been this way since it has done nothing but aquired dust till about 2 months ago when I got the garage cleaned out enough to actually do more than collect tools. :) I have one cast wing with the router mount on it. No problems with that.

Yes it is as parallel as it will get. I saw the glides and tonight I am going to add a set screw through there to be able to do fine adjustments to it.

Well you may see if it is still under warrantee. If you cannot find and an adjustment for it or remedy the problem see if they'll get you a new fence.

Well set screw wouldn't fit so I did the tape idea. I cut two sall slivers of wood to fit in behind the glides and tightened srewss till it was parralel. It will work till i can affor a good fence system. Thanks for the ideas. It is appreciated.