Oil & Pneumatic Nailers?

This may seem like a simple question, but I have used loads of air tools working on my vehicles - I just place some oil in the air intake to keep them lubed - but sometimes you can feel the oil fly out when you use, for example, an impact gun.

Does the same thing happen with nailers such as the dewalt ones? I would tend to think not since the oil may stain whatever wood you are working with, but I just wanted to ask people that have used them before committing myself.

Thanks

RE: Oil & Pneumatic Nailers?

I've limited experience with pneumatic tools. However, I've noticed what you say with my rachet and impact gun. I have not noticed it with my 18 ga, or 15 ga nailers.

I've heard of it with other tools, but my nail guns are Senco and oil free.

What they do to achieve this or how, I don't know, but they seem to work flawlessly and never jam.

I believe you can buy a trap for the tool end to stop oil leaking can't you?
    Same thingie that stops condensation spluttering through the tools.

The name of it completely slips my mind...Someone might know?

I have to put oil in my Bostitch nailers but it specifies to use only a couple of drops. I drip it into the quick-connection on the nailer before I attach the air hose. I've not noticed any oil residue on the wood. With the framing nailer, I usually add about 3 x what the mfg. specifies.

Cody

[ol]
    An amateur built the Ark
    PROFESSIONALS built the Titanic[/ol]

I have the PC framing and the PC finish nailers. I don't know where the oil goes but I have noticed a residual oil film around the exhaust port. It doesn't spray all over, and I don't see any drips. But it does go thru the nailer.