What's my tablesaw worth?

I have inherited a tablesaw from my father, and I have no use for it. He didn't really use it either, it sat in our garage under a sheet for at least the past ten years. It's a Rockwell Model 10 Contractors Saw, the motor is a Rockwell No. 62-042. I have attached a few pictures of it, it's a little dusty and has barely ANY rust on it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it's worth? Please help!!! I know nothing about tablesaws! XD

Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by Tyler0656; 05-15-2011 at 04:17 PM.

About 1/2 the price of a new one.

It does appear to be in pretty good shape. Considering it's age it's in almost excellent shape just looking at the pics.
    Last edited by Keystone; 05-16-2011 at 06:11 AM.
    Keystone

One of the Original Charter Members. Circa 2000

No longer here. Can now be found at WoW.

Depending on where you are, and how well it runs, etc., I'd guess it'd go in the $225-$350 range.

I have that same saw and purchased it used about 5 years ago for $200 with a Biesemeyer Fence. However, mine was much more used and not in this good condition. This saw, being a Rockwell is fairly old and it would be recommended that anyone using it should replace the belt before putting into service due to potential dry rot of the rubber in the belt. The fence that is on the saw is not a great fence, but was standard fair on that saw for many years. If I remember correctly, the current equivalent of that saw sells for about $700-$800 new. That said, I would think you could get $300-$400 for a saw in that good of condition so long as everything works as it should. You should have a friend familiar with table saws take a look to be sure the bearings on the motor and the spindle all spin freely and that the adjustment mechanisms (including the items used to lock adjustments in place) work properly. Also double check that the table is nice and flat and does not have any warpage. If you were in the vicinity of Birmingham, AL, I definitely would be interested in the saw, but the first thing I would do would be to upgrade the fence before putting it to heavy use.

These were great saws and this one looks like new. The only downside in pricing is that is still has the old fence system. Still, I would pay at least $350 for it.
    Tony B

TheTexasWoodWorks.com

you cannot buy this saw new anymore so its hard to say half of what a new one is, in its condition I would start at 500.00 even with this fence system