Restoring Antique Roll Top Desk from a pile of parts. Need to identify two items.

I am putting together a roll top desk that came to me in pieces. It was in use in 1910 based on a receipt I found stuck in back of a cubby. Some parts I have eliminate as belonging to the desk. There are two that I think might belong, but I can't determine how they are used. One item (I have two)looks like the backs of the side drawers and has a metal "hook" pushed into a slot at one end. This other is a piece of oak with a dowel and spring on one end and slotted with a pied of curved wood also slotted glued to it. I has screws down the lenght but no evidence of a boardscrewed against it. Many parts I could match buy shading marks not this one. See pictures. Thanks,desk drawer parts 002.jpgdesk drawer parts 003.jpgdesk drawer parts 001.jpgdesk drawer parts 004.jpgdesk drawer parts 005.jpg
    Larry

Just a wild guess....could it make some sort of locking mechanism so the side drawers can't be opened when the pencil drawer is shut?
    Dave, from Indiana

I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.

That seems possible. Need to see if they work together somehow. Good eye, thanks.
    Larry

After some study and looking at some other parts I figured it out. I found two pieces that have worn slots in them that the plate with the screws rides in. It is not the pencil drawer that locks the side drawers, but the roll top. The screws in the piece with the spring are what fit into the latches to lock the drawers. When the top is open it pushes against spring to move screws down unlocking drawers. When top is closed the spring pushes the "screw plate" up to lock them. Thanks so much for your help.
    Larry

Good deal!

Keep us posted on your progress.

We like pictures.
    Dave, from Indiana

I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.

Looks like the rolltop when opened makes contact with with the part with the spring unlocking the side drawers. Do the legs have brass covers? I have a rolltop desk I am restoring. It is has a label marked Imperial Desk Evansville, Indiana