Jig to hold cabinet doors for spraying

I am going to be re-finishing kitchen cabinets and I plan on spraying them once they are prepped with an HVLP sprayer.

Is there a home made jig that can be made to hold say 5 or 6 doors at a time to keep them off of the floor and make it easy to get at all of the surfaces without touching them? I would also like it to be able to break it down when finished (and re-used another time) as I have a small shop and there would be no room for a permanent spraying apparatus.

I have this vision of some sort of ladder looking thing with two 2x4's with sharp screws through them that can be clamped down on both the top and bottom of the doors to hold them in place yet still be able to spin the doors as they will be on the screws to spray all sides. I would think that the screws would put a small hole in the door but thinking that it could be easily repaired when complete.

Any ideas???

Sean

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada.
    Rockler sells these:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21448&sid=AF078

There are other attachments for it such as plugs that fit into the hinge recesses
    Frank C

Sawdust Making 101
    http://sawdustmaking.com

Sean,

I make my own "figure 8s" to allow me to finish both sides of a door quickly...

To make a "figure 8," you need 2 2" wide strips of 0.25" plywood 24" long and another 3 strips of 2" wide 0.25" plywood 12" long. Using 1.625" CT drywall screws, put a short strip at the ends of the long ones, then one in the middle. This unit can then be changed slightly to hold different size doors for spraying. Unless what you wish ot spray is real heavy, the screw points will NOT harm the wood at all...

Make yourself a lazy susan and place a metal milk crate on it to elevate a door for spraying all sides and making it easy to move the newly-sprayed door to another location...

I made a drying rack that is big enough to hold up to 48 medium size doors that is mobile, so I can move it around the spray booth or the shop easily...
    David L. Velleux
    Artisan Custom Cabinetry & Woodworking (http://www.artisanccw.com)
    General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by dvelleux View Post
    Sean,

I make my own "figure 8s" to allow me to finish both sides of a door quickly...

To make a "figure 8," you need 2 2" wide strips of 0.25" plywood 24" long and another 3 strips of 2" wide 0.25" plywood 12" long. Using 1.625" CT drywall screws, put a short strip at the ends of the long ones, then one in the middle. This unit can then be changed slightly to hold different size doors for spraying. Unless what you wish ot spray is real heavy, the screw points will NOT harm the wood at all...

Make yourself a lazy susan and place a metal milk crate on it to elevate a door for spraying all sides and making it easy to move the newly-sprayed door to another location...

I made a drying rack that is big enough to hold up to 48 medium size doors that is mobile, so I can move it around the spray booth or the shop easily...
    Hay dvelleux, thanks for idea, pretty cool - Mind if I steal it and make for myself