I am Kyle Sprague, a novice woodworker. I am currently working on an exhibition at the Connecticut Historical Society and we need your help. We are raising money to showcase many pieces of furniture created by your fellow craftsman as well as craftsman from the past. Please see the detailed description below and thank you in advance!

A Tradition of Craft

If you appreciate fine craftsmanship, please help CHS showcase it.

A Tradition of Craft: Current Works by the Society of American Period Furniture Makers opens at CHS on March 30, 2012. This juried exhibition will feature selected furniture created by today’s members of SAPFM displayed alongside authentic 18th- and 19th-century furniture from the CHS collection—furniture that families once used, treasured, and passed down to future generations. It’s a unique opportunity to showcase the skill and passion of woodworkers from both the past and the present from New England, New York, and Pennsylvania to as far away as Missouri, New Mexico, and California.

We are currently looking for donors large and small to help underwrite this exhibition. The costs of creating this exhibit include constructing and painting furniture platforms; building a shelf and case to display period clocks; repainting the gallery walls; printing exhibit labels; printing and mailing invitations to the exhibit opening; and producing a promotional banner to hang on the outside of the CHS building. Your donation will directly support this work. Be a part of creating the CHS’s next exhibition!

A Tradition of Craft opens on March 30 and continues through September 8, 2012.

You can support this fund raising effort on line at http://store.chs.org/donate-to-woodworking-exhibition/, or by contacting me, Kyle Sprague at 860-236-5621 x 227 or kyle_sprague@chs.org