What Makes a "Good" Woodworking Plan?

Depending on the type of woodworking project the contents of a good plan may widely vary. For example, what a segmented bowl project requires versus an Intarsia project versus a carving is different. Here are a few common attributes of “good” plans I'm working on for a FAQ page. What do you think should be changed or added to the list?

An exploded diagram that shows all the parts and how the fit together.
    Dimension information on individual pieces
    A material list (it can be helpful to include vendor information for specialty items like hardware)
    A cutting diagram (how you might cut the individual pieces out of a piece of wood to minimize waste).
    Step-by-step instructions. Photos or illustrations of intermediate steps can be very helpful
    Tips
    Last edited by sawtoothwilly; 03-31-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: last bullet point had typos

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada.
    Rule #1 - Don't support spammers!
    Frank C

Sawdust Making 101
    http://sawdustmaking.com

I think that's a good rule Frank. This is not spam. Please respond if you have something to say related to the topic.

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by sawtoothwilly View Post
    I think that's a good rule Frank. This is not spam. Please respond if you have something to say related to the topic.
    Sorry buddy, when someone comes in here to promote their page on their first post it sure looks like spam to me, if I am wrong I apologize.
    Last edited by FrankC; 03-31-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Frank C

Sawdust Making 101
    http://sawdustmaking.com

Thanks Frank!
    Woody - when you say ease of use, do you mean making skill level categories, or ease of use with the instructions? Thanks for your feedback!