Thread: 1st table saw

1st table saw

Hello I have been looking over the internet for a good first table saw. I would like a stationary saw with long rails. I want to spend around $500 to $800 at max after any rebates. So thanks for reading an looking forward for responses.

Not sure what you mean by "long rails", but new in your price range is pretty much limited to what is know as a contractors saw or a Hybrid cabinet saw. Most of them will be limited to 30". To get wider than that you would have to look for used saws (can take awhile, but they are out there) or raise your budget.
    Keystone

One of the Original Charter Members. Circa 2000

No longer here. Can now be found at WoW.

I would like a hybrid saw so do you know any models for the price range im looking for. Thanks.

No I do not.
    Keystone

One of the Original Charter Members. Circa 2000

No longer here. Can now be found at WoW.

The common choices for a full size new saw in your price range are the Steel City 35990, Porter Cable PCB270TS, Craftsman 21833, Ridgid R4512, and you might possibly find a Craftsman 22116 on sale or a Jet Proshop 708480 on sale within budget. A good used saw is always a viable option if the right deal comes along.

If you have 220v available, you could expand your search to include used 3hp cabinet saws.