What is this planer-like tool? I think it is prob as old as 1900 or even earlier.

Halbach & Sons on the metal. I will try to attach a photo. Thanks to any and all help. I have been picking up old tools. They are so beautiful. I have a nice little collection. All I can find on the maker is that they made guns over 100 yrs. ago...guess they made a few tools also. Shoot. I'll repost. Can't find the daggum pic. Fumbly

Here it is!

100_4850.jpg (17.3 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fumbling; 05-13-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Waynesfield, OH (ugh!) Wife won't move....
    My belief is that is called a drawknife. Watch the Roy Underhill show (Woodwright's shop) and you see him use those frequently, often on a shaving horse.

It's definitely a well used drawknife & will need some TLC for any fine work. I have half a dozen of various sizes & shapes. I use them with a shaving horse for making handles, canes & roughing out longish pieces of wood. Here's mine:
    Attachment 1811

Looks like my picture didn't work in the previous. I'll try again. ShavingHorse.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to reply, fellas! Yes, a good ole draw knife! Thanks so much. Y'all are super folks. Fumbly

Where is the power cord 8-)

Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by DuaneLuk View Post
    Where is the power cord 8-)
    Appears to be the cordless model.
    Frank C

Sawdust Making 101
    http://sawdustmaking.com