RE: Plans for a TV Stand

The closer you want to get to the piece in the picture, the less likely you are to find a ready made plan. Our hosts here, Rockler, have a decent selection of woodworking plans including a number of entertainment centers.

When my LOML has seen pieces of furniture she wanted me to make, either in catalogs or online, I've been able to get pretty close to them working from a picture and over-all dimensions. The piece in the picture looks to be a fairly simple one and would not be too difficult to replicate given a few dimensions.

I have that exact TV stand in the family room and could give you some dimensions to work with if your interested. I bought it before getting into woodworking and it's a pretty simple design.

Trevor

I'm building a stand that was featured in Woodsmith Magazine last year. Volume 29, number 169 is the issue. It's a very straightforward design with a plywood carcass and a hardwood face and top and base. It's also easy to tailor to your own needs. For example, I didn't like the lattice faced doors, so I changed them to raised panel doors. I also shortened it to fit the space it's going to occupy and also the TV that will sit on it. I'll post some pictures when it's done, but it'll be a couple of weeks yet. I could have bought one cheaper, but hey, I've got all this swell machinery sitting around in a heated shop and there's a foot of snow outside.

Holy cow, I just answered a very old post! Oh well, it's still a good plan!

Roy

Thanks Roy, I'll be interested in seeing what you've made.

You can import photos into Google Sketchup and draw over them and then erase the picture. It is a pretty neat feature of this free software. It will even color your drawing the same as the picture.

Plans for a TV Stand

Hi all,

I'm looking for plans for a simple tv stand like the one pictured below. I've done an extensive web search and haven't found anything. Anyone have any plans they know of, or have suggestions on where I could search? Thanks in advance.

What kind of graphics program do you have. I made something similar but used TurboCad as the design vehicle.

Send me an E-mail and I'll send you the files.