prefinished plywood

Where is a good place to get quality prefinished oak/maple plywood? We naturally have homedepot and lowes locally. There are also 2 fairly large lumber yards in the concord NH area. I wood imagine that the lumbar yards would have the better quality stuff. Im going to be building a bunch a cabinets.

EDIT - Please keep it clean in your posts... thanks...

Marc

RE: prefinished plywood

try here for a start.
    good luck

http://www.columbiaforestproducts.co.../gdealers.aspx

this will locate a dealer/distributor

Your not going to find it a big box store. You are going to have to look at lumber yards or more specificly Hardwood / plywood dealers.

edit: I have only seen Maple and apply ply prefinished, not oak.

Well that was brilliant. Did a search for plywood in NH. Found a couple dealers. Now the sticker shock for cherry and mahogany ply has to set in, 92 bucks a sheet.

Yup the A1 quality plywoods are expensive, but remember its similar to 32 board feet of lumber which give you about $2.88 a board foot. Or if you wanted to veneer your own, thats like ~$30 for sheet of MDF, an you need to veneer both sides at like 2-3$ sq foot (~$128). So $80-100 a sheet is actually a good deal ;)

I'm not sure about your neck of the woods, but I just bought 3 sheets of 3/4 prefinished White Birch for my bathroom cabinets. I wanted a light color inside and prefinished will save me a bunch of time. I paid about $65 per sheet. Prefinished Maple was about $75 per sheet. We have several sheet goods dealers in the area (Sacramento, CA) that cater to the cabinet makers and also sell retail to the public. The two I usually do business with are Aura and Hughes. I believe Aura is a chain of some sort but maybe just west coast.

BTW, Hughes also beats the online prices on Blum and Accuride hardware. Of course I found this out AFTER I placed my order online.

Jim

Is the prefinished maple and birch ply you guys are getting American or import? Iv used a sheet or two of the import stuff and it curled up on me real bad. The only way i will ever use prefinished ply again is if it is American.

I don't know. I think its not an Import because the supplier usualy marks if it is and this wasn't. It has also always been very stable.

$92 is good, shoot I pay $115+ a sheet for 3/4 cherry/mahogany.

Yeh, I don't know if it's import either. I've got about 8 sheets of 1/4 and 3/4 in my sheet goods rack (standing up on end) and I haven't had any warping issues with this pre-finished yet.

I have had issues with some shop-grade unfinished ply that I use for stuff in the shop. I know it's import but, it's also on $32/sheet for 3/4. Mostly, it warps over time if I don't use it right away.

Jim