Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Casting/embedding clear resin

    Not "Before I buy", but "Where can I buy"? Used to be a product called "Castlite" or "Castolite" or something like that. Used to embed items or put a clear, hard coat over things like clocks, table tops etc. Anyone out there know where to buy, what its called, or who makes it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    San Jose, CA.

    RE: Casting/embedding clear resin

    It is a special form of resin used for fiberglass. The issue is the amount of catalyst used and how fast it cures. Too much and it get too hot when it is thick and cracks. Too little and it never really gets hard. Sounds like most of the TV commercials I here these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts